I've always been leery of doing a fan art contest out of the fear that literally no one will enter, but hey, I think it's time to move past that and see what you guys have got. Here it is, the first ever Powder Mage Fan Art Contest!
The rules are simple:
- Produce a piece of visual media (painting, photoshop rendering, drawing, photos of cosplay, whatever) that has something to do with the Powder Mage Universe, whether it be the books or the short fiction.
- Send it to me as a link to Imgur or, somewhere you've posted it on social media, via email to brian (at) brianmcclellan (dot) com. Put the words POWDER MAGE ART CONTEST in the subject line. Please be sure to include a mailing address so I don't have to chase you down later if you win. Your address will not be used for any other purpose.
- You have three weeks from today to enter. Entries will close at the end of the day on the 10th of March. Within a week I will have selected my favorite pieces and informed the winner as well as the runners-up. Winners will be announced on my website.
- By entering you've agreed to let me show off your art via social media and my website.
- Multiple entries are allowed!
- Grand prize (available to all entrants international and domestic) will be a full set of my collected works in hardcover*, all signed, dated, and doodled. That includes Promise of Blood, Crimson Campaign, Autumn Republic, Forsworn, Servant of the Crown, and Murder at the Kinnen Hotel.
- Four runners-up will be awarded with signed hardcovers* of Promise of Blood as well as the ebook bundle of all my self-published Powder Mage short fiction.
- I reserve the right to award no prizes (say, if the only entry is a hand-drawn stick figure with a gun or some other good reason).
Thanks for reading everyone, and have at it!
*the novel hardcovers may have light damage to the dust-jackets (small tears or smudges). Using these copies allows me to afford to open the contest internationally.